Goodbye Longs

Saturday, November 1, 2008

My former employer will soon be no more. Soon, if I want to go to a drug store, I will be stuck with CVS, Rite Aid, or freakin' Walgreens. Though I haven't worked there in 2 years, Longs is still the only drugstore I ever shopped at, and I am sad to see it go. And after all of those stores just went through remodels in the last 4 years. What a shame. I hope nobody I know moved to the corporate offices, since those employees are all getting the boot at the beginning of 2009. Now the stores will be governed by some faceless corporation back east, as opposed to a corporate office that was right here in California. I used to work at the largest store in Walnut Creek, which is where the main corporate office is. I am so happy I don't work there now, for many reasons. CVS blows. And I would go insane working in one of their pharmacies. Every time I talk to a CVS pharmacy at work, I can hear that stupid automated robot voice saying, "One pharmacy call" over and over again, which is what they hear when someone wants to speak with pharmacy staff, instead of hearing a normal phone ringing. I would have to smash that thing. But I digress... Goodbye Longs, and I hope the CVS corporate suits aren't totally bullshitting you when they say that most of the employees will keep their jobs after the acquisition.

Posted by Michelle at 12:51  
1 comments
Linda said...

Aww. I've never seen a longs, but I will bid it farewell too. We are stuck with all of the above mentioned too...and Eckerds. I tend to use Costco or Target for convenience sake.

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 2:11:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment