I finally did it!

Monday, June 23, 2008

I finally got off my butt and onto the elliptical today. I was saying all last week that I was going to do it, but I kept talking myself out of it. I'm really good at that. I need to lose this extra weight once and for all, and I need to get my heart healthy again. Not only for myself, but for my sons. I don't want to be sick, and I don't want to be sluggish and have no energy. I want to be able to run with them. Most of all, I don't want to die of a heart attack at 40.

I just talked to my primary care physician's office. Dr Vila is putting me on Tricor. Yay, heart meds at 30. I'm totally stoked. (Boot to the head if you don't recognize this as sarcasm).

So I got myself on the elliptical and did some crunches and squats. I'm feeling pretty good, a bit more energized (though worn out - how does that work?) already.

I read something recently from a personal trainer. She said when you don't want to work out, remind yourself that you've probably never said "I wish I hadn't done that" after a good work out. I'm trying to remind myself of that.

So here I go, on the journey to get my body back. I only did 15 minutes on the elliptical, but the important thing is, I did it. I didn't talk myself out of it again. And next time, I will push for 20 minutes. I know I can do it.

Here's hoping for some happiness on the scale soon!

Posted by Michelle at 16:30  
1 comments
Anonymous said...

Personally, I like your butt ;-)

I am happy you have taken the first steps (eliptical as they are). I am sure you will feel wonderful with regular exercise.

Now I should get off my own butt and do the same.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 at 11:55:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment