We are formulating a plan...

Saturday, April 26, 2008

...to get the eff out of California. Which is a very scary thought, since we've both lived here all our lives, and our parents are all here. But seriously, we are tired of treading water. We can go somewhere with about the same median income, make the same amount or just a little less than we are making now, and the cost of living is less than half of what it is here.

I will be very sad to leave my home state, and go to a place where we are no longer within driving distance of our parents. The kids will not be able to have monthly visits to Camp Gramma's, and that is heartbreaking to me. On the other hand, I am excited about a new adventure for our family, one that will allow us the opportunity to actually get ahead financially. It was very hard when we moved only an hour away from the area where we both grew up. I can't imagine what it will be like to move completely out of the state. But when we moved out here 4 years ago, difficult as it was, we agreed that we had to do what we felt was best for our little family. Now the time has come to take another giant leap in the best interest of our family.

I have officially submitted my first application and resume to a hospital. So, my fingers are crossed that I can find a position that pays enough to make moving worthwhile, and they will find me to be good enough to consider even though I'm not yet registered or licensed in whatever state we end up in.

Posted by Michelle at 16:59  
1 comments
Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a big plan. I hope it all goes well :)

Monday, April 28, 2008 at 6:12:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment