Geezer

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

When did I get old? Okay, so I’m not really old, I’m only 31, but sometimes I feel old, like when I’m skimming through a People or an Us magazine. I look at the stories, the scandals and the fashion and I wonder, “Who the hell is this person?” Seriously, who is Ashley Tisdale? I have no idea who Shenae Grimes and Taylor Momsen are. And Adrian Grenier? No clue who he is, but he’s fuck ugly. I read these names and see their pictures and just wonder why anyone gives a damn.

As I try to figure out what these random people could possibly be famous for I am reminded of the stereotype of parents hating their kids’ music and the phrase “If it’s too loud, you’re too old” or something of that nature. And I wonder, “Am I a real-life grown up now?” Well, maybe I am, but I still love Green Day, dammit!

Posted by Michelle at 08:17  
1 comments
Brian said...

NO WAY. You aren't any more grownup than me. Which is a very good thing. We have to be kids so our kids know how to have fun, a lost art for most parents. We are all about you being the greatest mommy.

Still riveted by both you and your blog,
Bnumma

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 1:10:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment