Does it get any better than this?

Thursday, April 10, 2008

I don't want to actually say "I have the flu" because I haven't been to the doctor, but I have the symptoms, though they are milder than typical, probably because I got my flu shot in November. But I am soooooo exhausted and I have a fever. And it sucks.

So I was looking forward to driving home, heading to the grocery store for a few things, and picking up the boys and just going home. But noooooo. My freakin' car had to break on the way home. I was in the fast lane on 99 and suddenly I started losing power. Now it doesn't want to accelerate and it's sluggish. So I took it to our mechanic (the same one I still owe money to from last time my car died) and they think it's the catalytic converter (ka-ching) but they won't be able to look at it until tomorrow. It's too expensive to rent a car, especially if I'm going to have to give that money to the mechanic.

And I have only worked one day this week (today) because I took Monday and Tuesday off and called in sick on Wednesday. I should just call in dead. Sigh. So I'm dropping off the kids at school and Brian at work and then going in to work for a half day. Joy. Brian's work is about 15-20 miles SOUTH of where we live, and I work 45 miles NORTH of where we live. Yeah, tomorrow's going to suck too. I should have just taken the whole day off tomorrow, but I'm trying to be a team player and whatnot, blah blah blah blah blah. You know, even though I got passed up for the great position in another department. Again.

I so need to get a job closer to home. This bites.

Posted by Michelle at 19:08  
0 comments

Post a Comment