Mindless ramblings

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First off, I just want to say: Suck it eBay!

Now, on to the ramblings…

I am giving blood tomorrow. It’s been ages since I’ve given blood, and I’ve only done it twice, about a decade ago. I never do it simply because it takes forever to get the blood out of me. Seriously, while I’m sitting there dripping my pint into the little bag, two or three people come and go in the chair next to me. I hope the blood mobile has room for two, or I’m going to mess up their schedule. But I am A negative, and that’s not a very common blood type, so I’m sure they could use my blood. I just hope I get someone who knows what they are doing and not the obligatory resident vein mangler.

Our breast cancer walk is next month. I’ve got a whole $20 donation so far, and that is from my husband. Jacob will be joining me this year, so that should be interesting. It’s a 5k walk, which is about 3.1 miles. I hope he doesn’t complain about the walk being too long. But I think he’ll do okay. I want to bring Logan too, but we no longer have a stroller, not even the umbrella stroller. We haven’t used one in about 2 years. And there is no way he will be able to walk that distance. And even if he can, he is slow as molasses in January. He loves to just meander (walking or riding his bike) and take in the sights. Which is all fine and dandy, but there is a place and a time, and that place and time is not during the breast cancer walk with my coworkers. Sorry Logan, I love you. You are going to have a daddy day while Jacob and I go walk.

Okay, I can’t figure this out. Why is it that on weekends, if I sit down on the couch anywhere between 11 am and 1 pm and watch TV, I can’t keep my freakin’ eyes open? But at night during the week, when I’m exhausted because I’ve been up since 4 am and have worked a full day and driven 45 miles each way to work and back, having the TV on in my bedroom keeps me awake. I am so tired from getting to sleep too late every night. I stopped at the AM/PM at the gas station this morning because they have pretty good cappuccino and I got a “mocha alert” which is a mocha with extra caffeine. I guess it’s working. I don’t really feel any more awake or alert. In fact, I could really go for a nap right about now…

I just had a member tell me that the sooner we go out of business, the better off the medical profession will be. He didn’t stick around long enough to hear me tell him that the same things happen with ABC Insurance company and XYZ insurance company, and every other insurance company out there. Instead he hung up on me mid-sentence. I didn’t want to talk to him anymore anyway. And of course he is more than welcome, encouraged even, to switch to another company where he can play by their (similar, if not the same) rules.

My day was okay until I took a 30 minute phone call from someone who wanted to scream at me, not listen to me, talk over me, have a conversation that went in circles, and make me repeat myself at least a dozen time. Ever since, I’ve wanted to bang my head on the desk each time I get a call, even an easy one. That probably wouldn’t help my headache much though.

More rambling coming soon…

Posted by Michelle at 12:27  
1 comments
Hannah said...

I'm still so proud of you for giving blood!

Friday, September 12, 2008 at 7:49:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment