It's just one of those days

Friday, September 19, 2008

I am extremely tired today. I can barely keep my eyes open, and I’m feeling a bit cranky. Here are some things that are pissing me off.

I don’t get how somebody can work in a pharmacy, surrounded by medications, doing nothing but working with medications, all day every day, and not be able to pronounce or spell even the simplest of medication names. I understand that medication names can be very tricky, and I don’t always get them all right, but if you work in a pharmacy, you should at least be familiar enough with how medications are pronounced and spelled, and familiar enough with the medications themselves, to understand what medication name I’m telling you and be able to at least take a stab at spelling it.

One day last year, I took the boys to a place in a neighboring city called “Someplace Fun”, which is a big indoor play place with the big blow up bouncy slides, and a carousel, and little go carts and video games. When we went last time, Logan was still a little too small to really do everything. Well Brian is working this weekend, so I decided I wanted to take them there again, now that Logan is better able to keep up with the big boys. So I looked up the number in the phone book so that I could call to get hours and prices, and the number is disconnected. I looked up the place online and it doesn’t seem to exist anymore. And even worse, I found a similar place about 20 minutes away that would also be perfect and it’s only open during the week. They only have private parties on the weekends. How in the world can you have a play place that’s not open on weekends? Some of us do have to actually WORK during the week, you know.

I’m mad at caffeine for not working. Seriously, I could drink a cup of coffee, or a coke, or a cappuccino with extra caffeine and it does nothing to wake me up. Nothing. Suck it, caffeine!

I HATE grain moths (aka meal moths). For those of you who have been lucky enough not to experience these most wondrous of god’s creatures, let me give you the scoop. These things love grains. Where in the house does one keep grains? Oh yeah, in the kitchen. They burrow their way into even the tiniest crack in a food package, lay eggs everywhere, which then hatch into larvae (little white wiggly worm thingies) which then leave little white fuzzy cocoons everywhere, and then you have these moths fluttering around your kitchen and lurking in your cabinets and drawers. And, despite what the name implies, they don’t like just grains, though grains are their favorite. No, they also seem to like raisins, so if you have any boxes of raisins anywhere that aren’t in a Ziploc bag, they will infiltrate said boxes. The eggs are little brown speckles, so in a box of raisins, you can’t see them very well. :::Insert puking here::: And speaking of Ziploc bags, I have found the cocoons inside the tops of sealed Ziploc bags. So they didn’t quite get to the food, but they are now blocking the exit hole for the food. Nasty. I’ve found them in my salt, in my brown sugar, in my rice. And good luck getting rid of them. You have to pull all the food out of the cabinets/drawers, chuck whatever isn’t sealed, thoroughly clean the cabinets/drawers, and start buying containers to keep your food in, which isn’t cheap. The cost of all of those containers really adds up, not to mention the food that had to be thrown out. So guess what I have to do this weekend? Yup, you guessed it: I have to pull all the food out of at least one of my cabinets, toss a bunch of stuff, and clean the inside of the cabinet. Since the drawer above this cabinet is also affected (the drawer has the boys’ snacks in it), I will probably have to pull the drawer out completely to clean the bottom of it. I’ve already cleaned the inside of it, twice, and tossed the food that was affected, but they are still lurking in that drawer, though everything is now sealed. Fortunately, most things I have in the cabinet are also sealed, like all of my baking stuff, but there are some things that are not, like chips. Needless to say, I do not look forward to this chore.

People on the phones are generally annoying me today, either interrupting me constantly and talking over me, or simply not listening to anything I say. I told you we handle ALL of these requests by fax, so don't ask me "You don't do it by phone?" or tell me "No thanks, I'd rather do it now on the phone". I did not give you an option, so take it or leave it and get off my line.

Photobucket

Okay, this day has already been too long. This is the kind of day where I have a strong desire to run away, go home, curl up on the couch in my sweats with a blanket and a movie and a vat of Coffee Heath Bar Crunch ice cream, and forget that the rest of the world even exists.

Posted by Michelle at 10:45  
2 comments
Jen said...

Those moths sound disgusting!

Hope tomorrow is a better one and that you still have some fun with the boys this weekend.

Friday, September 19, 2008 at 3:29:00 PM PDT  
Ania said...

Good luck with the moths. I was trying ot find an aritcle I had just recently read about getting rid of them but I can't locate it on -line. Good luck with that.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 6:10:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment