It's good to be the mommy

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Yesterday after I picked up the boys, we were in the car and Jacob asked me, “When I grow up will you still be my mom?” I told him, “Of course I will still be your mom. I will always be your mom and you will always be my son.” He thought about that then asked, “When Logan grows up, will he be your grandson?” I told him, “No, he will also still be my son. You both will always be my sons, you will always be brothers, and I will always be your mom.” He thought about that for a moment then said, “Cool.”

Later on last night, I was lying on the couch and Jacob came and lay in front of me to snuggle under the blanket. After a while I told both boys to go get their jammas on. They both ran off to their rooms, but Logan came right back, and with a mischievous little smile, proceeded to steal Jacob’s spot with me. I asked him if he was stealing his brother’s spot and he said yes, and then just lay there with a satisfied little smile. Jacob came back after getting changed, and expected to come right back to his spot. He was quite disappointed to find his little brother right where he wanted to be. About 10 minutes later, I told Logan to get his jammas on and Jacob stole back his preferred snuggling spot. But Logan just climbed up and laid on both of us.

Posted by Michelle at 08:13  
2 comments

Post a Comment