Java. My new master.

Friday, October 3, 2008

I’ve always tried to avoid drinking coffee on a regular basis. I’ve never wanted to become one of those people who can’t function on even a cellular level until they’ve had coffee. “Instant human, just add coffee!” And considering I’m 30 I think I’ve done a really good job of this so far. Plus I’ve never really cared for coffee. Blasphemous, I know, but to drink it I’ve always needed to really be in the mood for it.

But after 2 years on my job, all but the first 3 months of which have been on this heinously early schedule, I’m starting to succumb to the sweet siren song of that we call coffee. For at least the last week solid I’ve been making my own mocha type drink before leaving for work: hot chocolate with instant espresso powder thrown in. Oh yeah, if I’m going to be a coffee addict, I’m going all the way! And the amount of espresso powder has slowly increased over the course of the week, to the point where my brain feels just a bit jittery.
I think my workplace has a way of turning people into coffee addicts. I’ve talked to coworkers who, like me, never drank much coffee before, but since they’ve been here, they’ve converted and become hooked. I do not think I am past the point of no return, yet. But when I skip a day and get a headache due to the lack of caffeine, only then will I know without a doubt that I am coffee’s bitch.

Photobucket

Posted by Michelle at 10:35  
2 comments
Hannah said...

LMAO at that picture!

I so understand what you are saying. I was so anti-caffiene while nursing (mostly b/c the girls were affected by it) - but poor Krosby just has to deal because I quite literally have to have it. I am way too freakin' tired to not. And I know you understand the way too early morning rising - so I'll just say CHEERS! :)

Friday, October 3, 2008 at 1:32:00 PM PDT  
Linda said...

I never ever drank coffee till after having little Jon. I cannot remember life before. I crave it...it is a drug! And yes...I am its 'female dog'...LOL!

Friday, October 3, 2008 at 6:44:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment